UNICEF - We’ve saved the lives of more children than any other aid organization!
We are committed to helping children survive and thrive, from early childhood through to adolescence, in 155 developing and 37 industrialised nations!
Our priority areas are:
- HIV/AIDS: By 2010, 18 million children will have lost one or both parents to HIV/AIDS, leaving them much more vulnerable to exploitation, abuse, violence and discrimination.
- GIRLS’ EDUCATION: 117 million children are still denied the right to quality education – 62 million of these children are girls.
- CHILD PROTECTION: 1.2 million children are trafficked each year for marriage, labour and sex.
- IMMUNISATION PLUS: More than 2 million children under the age of 5 five still die annually from vaccine-preventable diseases.
- EARLY CHILDHOOD: Each year nearly 11 million children die before their fifth birthday because they and their caregivers lack the basic conditions needed for young children to survive and thrive. Of the 1 million malaria deaths that occur each year the large majority are children under 5.
UNICEF works to combat these problems through providing child health and nutrition, clean water and sanitation, quality basic education for all girls and boys, and protection from violence, exploitation and HIV/AIDS.
The money you raise for UNICEF will make a huge difference in the lives of children, with every dollar raised going to children in need:
- Just $1 will buy an HIV/AIDS rapid diagnostic kit and $760 will provide a child with liquid antiretroviral treatment for a year.
- $12 will provide 10 children with a sketch pad and a set of 8 colouring crayons each, while $300 is the cost of a school in a box kit for 80 pupils and one teacher.
- $150 can provide 700 doses of measles vaccine, protecting children from this deadly disease.
- $25 provides 2 mosquito nets to protect children from malaria and just 10cents will buy 1 sachet of oral rehydration salts to help children combat dehydration and diarrhoea.
So why wait? It is so simple to set up a fundraising page online. In just 12 clicks you can help us to make the future brighter for all the world’s children.
Want to build your own personal fundraising page for this event?
UNICEF NZ's UNDERCOVER
Every 30 seconds a child dies from Malaria, a disease so easily preventable. UNICEF NZ’s UNDERCOVER Movement aims to get 140,000 children under the cover of a life-saving net by the end of 2010. You can help us achieve this by fundraising for UNDERCOVER or purchasing a net. At $11 each, the insecticide-treated mosquito nets are a simple and cheap way of saving the lives of children. Go UNDERCOVER
|What Does a Fundraising Page Look Like?
Click here to find out what a fundraisers webpage looks like. It's easy and fun to raise funds!